Monday, July 25, 2016

I finally did it.

I've said I would start a blog at least 1,375 times, and I think I may have even set up a blog once or twice.  And by set up, I mean, I clicked on the "Blogger icon," and attempted to come up with a name for my blog that was catchy, yet me, and I never could come up with one, so then I'd forget it and move on.

So what's different about today? Well, it's Monday!  And if you know anything about anything, anything of importance or that will take some time must start on a Monday! Kidding.  Monday has nothing to do with it.




A couple of things are different about today.

  • I woke up yesterday with a new outlook on life.  
  • Sitting here at work, "Sunshine & Unicorns" popped into my head, thus the name of my blog, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run with it - I finally have a name for my blog!
  • I want a place to be able to look back on life - funny things; life experiences; things my children do or say; whatever.
  • AND, last but not least, I was reminded by FaceBook of a big accomplishment of mine from 4 years ago, and I am disappointed to say that as proud of that accomplishment that I was, I want so badly to be there again.  And with this, I'm hoping that this blog will provide some accountability and motivation to reach a new milestone and surpass this one from 4 years ago!
From FaceBook, July 25, 2012: After hitting a 6 week, 3 day very stubborn plateau where I gained and lost the same 4.2 pounds over and over again, I am ecstatic to say, I have finally hit the 50 pound mark! My goal is in sight now... When I started on Feb. 1st, 78 pounds was literally a dream. I weigh in nightly, and occasionally on Saturday mornings, which I did this past weekend. I hit "50" with my morning weight, and after today's weigh in, I can say I officially own it! My nightly weight matches my Saturday morning weight! Woohoo!


So here I am.  

Now what?  What shall I write about?  A few ideas I have...
  • Goals - a new me.
  • My family - my kids.  My husband.  Our pets.  My extended family.
  • Work here and there - but nothing too in depth.
  • Randomness.
We'll see where it goes, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment